Monday, December 15, 2014
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Monday, December 8, 2014
Sarees are timeless in their appeal and talking of designer sarees, they are trendy, chic and comfortable! Every season Pothys Boutique introduces their latest collections of sarees that are put together with utmost creativity. The styles and trends may change every year but the essence of these beautiful sarees stays forever. Our range of designer sarees sparks off new trends that become a fad among the women.
The latest trends in designer sarees are Half and half sarees, Lace sarees, Net sarees, Printed sarees & Embroidered / embellished sarees.
Half and half sarees:
This is a trend that is here to stay! They are loved for their dual colored and dual patterned looks. The pleats in these sarees are completely in contrast with rest of the drape. They are sometimes also crafted with two types of fabrics to show the differentiation.
Embroidered / embellished sarees
These are crafted out of fabrics like net, georgette, silk, chiffon and even higher quality cotton sometimes. Designer sarees of this style have lots of cut work, zari embroidery, zardosi, Lucknawi embroidery, sequinned work and kundan work that sets them apart. The beauty of such sarees is accented by beautiful brocade borders that comple the looks. They are preferred by women for grand occasions like weddings and festivals.
Stylish net sarees
Net sarees seem to rule the roost of fashion this year. These sarees are worked with zardosi, kundan, pearl, stone, and sequins that makes them perfect for party wear. Half sarees in net are in vogue these days. They have pallus adorned with sequins or fabrics like georgette and chiffon while they are beautified by exquisite borders for stunning designer looks.
Sarees with lace
These designer sarees made of lace, look amazingly stylish and feminine. They look absolutely beautiful with intricate lace designs and complemented with beautiful borders done with embroidery or embellishments on velvet, raw silk fabrics etc.. These sarees represent a beautiful mélange of Indian and western couture styles.
Printed sarees usually come in chiffon or crepe. Floral prints, colour blocks and geometrical prints are in vogue this season and are also the most preferred by women. In all their versions, these sarees are perfect to drape and rock any occasion with your inimitable style and grace.
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Monday, November 24, 2014
When one gets a wedding invite, the first thing that comes to mind is what to wear for the different events and how to look different from everyone else. Everything else takes a backseat and dressing gets to the fore front if it is a friend’s wedding! Here are some tips that might help you gear up for a wedding:
1. Your outfit should definitely represent your own personality and suit your age.
2. Teaming up with embellished blouses enhances the beauty of the saree.
3. For a pastel shade saree, a dark contrasting blouse will suit well.
4. A halter neck blouse will suit a sheer soft silk.
5. An ornamental blouse is all it takes to look opulent. Go for a stunning looking ornamental blouse that matches the saree.
6. Keep it simple with accessories when you go for a rich looking silk saree.
7. A clutch is a must, when you decide to be a showstopper. The colour and texture of the clutch should suit your clothes.
8. Matching footwear is also a must, to complete the look. Embellished and metallic shades are most preferred to pair with silk sarees and designer sarees.
9. Fish tail braids are very much in now. Sport one for a trendy look! Go with curls and waves for a plain saree for a perfect look!
10. Go for a heavy American diamond stone studded necklace for a simple saree and choose a long earring with a simple chain for a grand saree.
11. Eye makeup and your lipstick should rightly complement your saree colour. Never look made-up and always go for a subtle makeup.
12. Above all always carry a smile to enhance all that you are wearing!