Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Monday, February 23, 2015
The colourful festival of Holi is celebrated in the month of March which is right around the corner.
On this day, people hug and wish each other 'Happy Holi' and the celebration begins with lighting up of bonfire on the Holi eve. The next morning is a free-for-all carnival of colours, where people play, chase and colour each other with dry powder and coloured water, with some carrying water guns and coloured water-filled balloons for their water fight.
Holi also gives a wonderful chance to send blessings and love to dear ones wrapped in a special Holi gifts. What could possibly make a better gift than clothes? The perfect attire for this traditional festival is a saree!
It’s time to shop for yourself and your special someone! Breathe some colourful new life into your closet with vibrant shades. Wearing colour can do amazing things for your skin tone, hair colour, and overall appearance.
How to add colour to your wardrobe?
- If you don’t normally wear lots of colour, dive in head first by throwing on the first bright piece you see.
- You can also add colours to your accessories and shoes.
- Use a vibrant bag and shoes to rev up an outfit.
- Grab colours like juicy orange; it flatters everyone!
- You can also mix colours in one colour family. Pick different shades in the same palette (assortment of pink or blues) and try different fabrics.
The last tip is to use colour to express your personality and add some fun to your look. While it’s nice to try and dress well, when you add some colour it’s believed to have an impact on your mood. Here at Pothys we have introduced a wide range of sarees inspired by spring. To make your work easier and to add a splash of colour to your wardrobe visit our store or log on to www.pothys.com
This Holi look gorgeous in these vibrant & colourful sarees!
Posted by pothys at 3:23 AM
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Monday, February 16, 2015
Floral prints have a rejuvenating effect because of their strong Spring/Summer associations. Twists on birds, flowers, Aztec prints, branches and vines present an awareness of our rich floral history.
How to wear floral prints?
1. Experiment with colors and patterns! Now is the time to try out some of Spring’s bold, colorful floral prints.
2. Choose a print: With so many types of floral prints to choose from, it’s important to choose a pattern that works with your personal taste and style. Flower designs can range from dainty and delicate to big and bold, each kind carrying its own personality and character. If you prefer styles that are simple and sophisticated, try looking for a print that features small, miniature flowers. This is not only appropriate for the office and work place, but is a great way to bring in a feminine touch. If you're the type to rock statement patterns, a print featuring larger flowers will work best for you. Look for bright colors, vibrant designs and eye-catching details.
3. Use Accessories: Wearing accessories is one of the most tried and true ways of wearing any kind of pattern, and the same can certainly be said for floral prints. Even just one accessory is enough to brighten up an otherwise plain outfit. Larger items such as tote bags, hats and scarves can add some major color to a look, while jewelry and belts can bring in a light dose of floral fun. It’s a good idea to have several flower patterned accessories in your wardrobe, because you’ll never know when your outfit will need a little extra something. Even if you don’t plan ahead, a floral accessory is an easy way to add instant style.
We have incorporated these beautiful floral prints in our casual sarees to make this spring season better! Floral prints can be worn by any age group. These prints are subtle, delicate and absolutely gorgeous!
Give your wardrobe a makeover with beautiful floral printed casual sarees. To find out more about this collection you can visit our store or log on to www.pothys.com
Posted by pothys at 1:53 AM
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Monday, February 9, 2015
Valentine's Day is a time to exchange gifts with your loved one.
A girl never says no to clothes. So this Valentine's Day gift your special someone with beautiful sarees, lehengas and salwar suits. To make it even better, you can shop the perfect colors that associate with love.
Let's see some of the colors associated with Love:
- Pink: As we all know pink is the combination of Red and White. Pink is the color of universal love. Pink also represents compassion, tenderness, kindness and generosity. It is a comforting color that associates with nurturing. It is also believed to have healing powers and bring about serenity, relaxation and good health.
- Red is the color of fire, it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination, passion, desire, and love. The color red is the basis of the traditional wedding sarees, red ties and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red color is believed to increase enthusiasm and interest, boost energy, increase confidence, and offer protection from fears and anxieties. A red rose without thorns is a symbol of passion, love, and romance. While a red rose with thorns is typically associated with the journey of love, meaning that it can be fulfilling and delicate. For Christmas and Valentine’s Day, Red is the color that is mostly preferred.
Pink & Red are the colors associated with Love. So, this Valentine’s Day it is time to pull off a complete Red/ Pink Look! Experiment with these shades and have a great Valentine’s Day. Here at Pothys we have a wide range of Pink & Reds to make shopping experience easier for you! To find out more about this collection you can visit our store or log on to www.pothys.com
Posted by pothys at 12:42 AM